Candidates shall have a minimum of a Bachelor of Architecture degree with at least 10-15 years’ job experience, be a registered Architect, and have eight years as Project Architect for architectural projects in hospitality (specifically restaurants), workplace or multifamily markets.
The candidate shall further demonstrate his or her success collaborating with consulting team members including interior designers, engineers, lighting designers, technology, security, and kitchen consultants. The successful candidate shall have project experience with planning through documentation and construction phases. Experience with the development of architectural project specifications and a working familiarity with interior design documentation is required.
The successful candidate must be proficiency in Revit in all project phases including setting up the model, coordinating consultant drawings and construction documents. The candidate shall demonstrate a thorough understanding of Governing Codes, ADA Guidelines and Life Safety Standards and be able to guide the team in their application during design and documentation.
- Oversight of the architectural documentation team during the preparation of coordinated documents from planning through construction documentation. The project architect shall work closely with the project manager and senior interior designer to establish and maintain project goals and quality.
- Day to day point of contact with Consulting Engineers and Specialty Consultants.
- Analysis and oversight of our scope of work pertaining to Governing Codes, ADA, and other applicable National Standards.
- Oversee compliance with project documentation standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Management of the development of Architectural Specifications.
- Oversee the collaboration with project cost estimators.
- Mentoring less experienced staff.
- Proven commitment to design excellence.
- Proficiency in Revit is required, having used the tool in all project phases including construction documents.
- Proficient knowledge of Building Codes, Standards and ADAAG.
- Ability to lead diverse teams in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate and lead our in-house team members including managing expectations, goals, and responsibilities.
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Proficient knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles needed to produce well-coordinated technical documents.
- Thorough understanding of the development and production of architectural specifications and proficiency in the use of MasterSpec.
- Proficiency in the use of project management and production software and tools including Excel, MSWord, Bluebeam, as well as AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software is a plus.
If you think this is you, please send a cover letter, resume and samples of your work.